Tuesday 8 May 2012

Quick & Simple Dark Night Look!

I have came up with the perfect look and it is so simple to do for a night out, meal, party or even a day to day look if you want it to be!   I will tell you the products I have used throughout, and If you have any questions at all, then leave a comment below! Hope you like it!




                                   


First begin with priming your eyelid ready for eye shadows. I use Benefits Stay Don't Stray Primer.












Line the top eyelid with a black gel eyeliner/liquid eyeliner. Make the outer corner line quite thick, and stop in the middle with a thin line. I have used Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel Liner in Thunder Storm.




Use a blue shimmery cream eye shadow, and apply it on the outer corner of the eye. I have used Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Cream Shadow in Ocean Storm.










Next take a dark grey eye shadow. I have chose to use Bourjois Paris Eye shadow in the shade 14 Gris Delicat.

The beauty of this product is you can use it as it comes, or make your brush wet and use the eye shadow which will give a more dark drastic look. I always wet the brush as I find its a nicer colour as you can see in the picture below.









The top colour is very hard to see, this is the eye shadow as it comes in the pot. Below that is the eye shadow when used with a wet brush. It gives a beautiful creamy dark grey colour. For this look I have use the Wet Brush technique.








Take a wet blending brush and the eye shadow and blend in to a pointed flick on the outer eye. You can create this as high up or low as wanted, depending on face shape of course.









Then take a smaller angled brush and line the bottom lash line with the same wet eye shadow colour. Make sure it joins with the top point evenly.









 Add a black mascara to top and bottom lashes. I used MAC Studio Fix BoldBlack Lash. 











Add a black kohl eyeliner to the bottom and top water line. I have used Rimmel London Soft Kohl Eyeliner Pencil in 061 JET BLACK.


And that is the look complete. If you want something a bit darker, instead of just using eyeshadow on the outer corner of the eye, apply it to the whole lid, but for my outfit this was all I wanted. Hope you like the look and if you have any questions, just leave a comment below.

2 comments:

  1. After seeing how simply gorgeous the result is on your eyes I went all out (after a nice bit of bonus pay I should add!) and bought the products used, follow the pictures and can say this is a terrific little guide to create a look which is very consistent and doesnt fade for those longer nights out. Very impressed once again, thanks Beautiful Illusion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's so nice to hear! Glad you liked the look! :)

    ReplyDelete