Saturday 5 May 2012

Customise using studs!

As I posted earlier in the week I was going to do a post on customising your shoes with some studs.  I have been to numerous shoe shops and picked up a pair and thought " these would look better with some studs ". Finally I got the motivation to just buy some and customise myself! Hope this guide helps on how to customise your shoes with stud detail! Leave a comment if you would like to know anything!



-These are my plain black leather slipper style shoes I have chose to customise.  They were £20 from Dorothy Perkins.










-These are the studs I have bought to customise my shoes with. They are Small Spike Studs. They are screw in ones. I bought screw in ones so on the inside they didn't hurt my feet when wearing the shoes as the inner screw is smoothed out. I got a pack of 25 from Attitude Clothing. They cost £7.99 and are my favorite studs I have ever purchased!
Here's the link - http://www.attitudeclothing.co.uk/product_18302-62-1014_25-x-Small-Spike-Studs.htm








 -Pick the place you want to apply a stud, and pierce it with a sewing needle.













 -Put the sewing needle fully through, then pull it back out again.













 -Use a pair of scissors and where you have made the tiny hole, apply the scissors and 'push and twist' until you simply stretch the hole.














- Stretch it enough for the screw of the stud to push through.











- Push the base of the stud through. This is the side with the screw. Push it through the bottom so the screw side is coming out the top like the photo below.



























- Screw on the top of the stud as tightly as possible and that's your first stud done!











 - Repeat the same process again, and apply the studs as close/far together.  I have chose to apply them around the front outside of the shoe.









 - And here is my finished product! It was so simple to create these and the shoes look 100x better than original. And I love the fact they're now one of a kind. This was all I want on my shoes. I used 22 out of the 25 studs given, which means I have spare in case anything happens to the already applied ones. I love them so much and i'm glad I chose to customise them!  It took me roughly 1 hour to complete the pair of shoes( which i'm impressed with as I thought it would take longer ).

- If you have any questions or need any advice on doing the studs on shoes or any clothing/accessories, then just leave a comment below and i'll reply as quick as possible! :)



4 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!!!! i love these so much, im totally going to try stud some of my shoes :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really nice and edge design. Was there an inspiration for this or do you come up with alterations often? I'd love to see some more of these if it is something you frequently do! Posting from my tablet but I'll make sure to follow once I am home from work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! There wasn't really an inspiration as such. I tend to look at accessories or clothing items and think that a certain thing would make them look so much better, so I just buy and alter them. Its a nice way as well to make something your own so you know loads of other people won't have the exact same item! I'd love to show off some other ones I've done so hopefully i'll get a few posts up at some point with them! Aw, thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete