Wednesday 11 July 2012

How to stud a leather jacket! ( The simple way )

After a while of searching shops and the internet, I finally found a leather jacket which I love, and wasn't £100+. I paid £52 ( including p+p ). It is a soft leather, which was what I was looking for, as in the summer I wanted to still be able to wear it without sweating buckets! ( Then again, not like England is having a summer this year ). I got mine from Very.co.uk- I had some troubles at first with the item being delivered, but after the problems were solved it came straight away.  Once it arrived I knew I just had to add some studs to it! Not many, as I didn't want it to look overkill. But just a few to make it my own piece. I had some left over studs/spikes left from when I did my shoes, So I figured i'd use them. If you have any questions just leave a comment below!



This is the jacket as it came. It has the nice outward collar, and some quilting on the shoulders. I decided to add 1 single stud to each side of the collar, on the top section where I felt it was a bit plain.













I used the same technique I did with my studded shoes ( if you are not aware of what technique this is, scroll down and you will see my customising using studs post ). So I got sharp scissors (Mine are designed for hairdressing) and gently pushed and twisted it through the leather in the designated area I wanted the stud. Make sure you don't make the hole too big!!











Then I pushed through the base screw carefully so I didn't rip any of the material.

















And then simply screwed on the top of my stud tightly so it was secure.














Here it is! It isn't a lot, I know. But I felt it added a bit of personal touch to the jacket.

If you have any questions about the jacket, where I got it from, or if you want to know how to do this with a different type of stud/spike, then just leave a comment and I shall reply as soon as possible!







No comments:

Post a Comment