Sunday 19 August 2012

Leopard Look!


                                                       


 So at the weekend I was heading to a fancy dress party. I didn't have much money to be able to spend on a great costume, so I knew I had to do something good with my make-up. On the night of the party, I didn't have as much time as i'd of hoped to get ready so I had to whip up something quick and simple. So here it is.... 







 I planned on doing the designs on the sides of my face. I applied my usual plain make-up to begin with( foundation,mascara etc.). Pin back your hair so it doesn't stick to the design you are about to do.


 I then took a bronzer to add depth to the design.
Here I used Laura Geller Balance N Brighten.





I applied the bronzer to the outside of my face and down to my neck. This is a guideline as to where you want your print going.
















Take any colour you wish to use.. I chose pink as it went with my lilac/pink hair well.  I used a Rimmel London pink lipstick.  Make lots of different size and shape circles from your forhead down to your cheek bone, then down to your neck. Make sure they all have some space between them.




Take a black eyeliner. I found Gel liner was the best to use. Here I used Bobbi Brown Gel Liner in Black Ink. Take a medium sized brush and apply a tick amount to the brush.



Roughly go around the shapes you have done. Making it rough gives the effect of there actually being fur.















Continue the same technique down the face. and add some black rough lines in between some of the coloured print.


















Take the black liner and create a small winged line on the outer corner of the eye. Then take a black pencil liner and fill inside the water line and make a small subtle point on the inner corner.















Do the same to the other side of the face. They don't have to match at all.. that's what makes it so easy and quick!

Below are a few camera phone quality photos of both the sides complete. Hope this helps anyone attending a fancy dress party soon or just wanting to try it out for fun! If you have any questions then feel free to leave a comment and i'll reply as soon as possible! 






2 comments:

  1. Oh wow I did not know that the site allows you to post without needing an account! Helpful indded =) I have followed this blog for long time now and wanted to say I like the way it is going with the out of the box ideas, like the nail art and this! Very pretty =) I still like the review of products but this my fav, please keep post more of this and reviews. when is next review of something? would like to see something of eye makeup products or techniques! You have lovely hair too, thank you for blog!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always great to hear someone likes my blog :) I will be doing some eye make-up techniques hopefully within the next week!
      Glad to hear you have enjoyed this post, thank you :)

      Delete